Adventures in Mexico

Adventures in Mexico
At a tequila distillerywith the daughters over Christmas

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Calm down, Barbara

I know I shouldn't nag our placement officer. I know they are trying to find a spot for us in the Mexico program. I think we'd both do really well there.

If that doesn't work there's one more possibility for fall and after that it would be February. I'm leaving my job at the end of this month. I know Peace Corps says not to quit until you have your invitation but sometimes it's not ethical to do that. We could end up with no income and no health insurance until February.

Calm down, Barbara, I say to myself. Maybe Mexico will come through. It will be a lot of work to leave then but we can do it. We should hear soon. I'm sure they are working on our situation.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! Mexico is a little different with how the accept people, but I think it will all work out in the end. Beat wishes from both is us!

    ReplyDelete