Adventures in Mexico

Adventures in Mexico
At a tequila distillerywith the daughters over Christmas

Thursday, June 10, 2010

We got our medical clearance! - what could go wrong now?

I wrote a beseeching e-mail to our medical nurse asking her how close we were to getting our status finalized. I told her that I had had a second interview for the Botanic Garden Executive Director job and that I really needed to know about our medical. She has been so great. She e-mailed that we both were officially cleared. So when I called the recruiter back I told her that I was doing the Peace Corps. It's too bad in some ways since that would be a great job and it was nice to be offered it after they did such a big search, but I guess life is full of choices. Now, how long will it take to get an invitation? What do we have to do for legal? What else could go wrong now?

John (my husband) wants me to wait until we get our invitation to tell them no officially. I don't think that's fair. I told the recruiter about where we were, and she actually agreed with John and told me to think about it. But they're a great group of board members who are excited about a new direction for the garden. I don't think I should string them along just in case Peace Corps doesn't work out. What else could go wrong now?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your clearence! Tell me, how long did it take them to clear you? I think it's a good idea not to tell the folks at work you are leaving until you get the invite...people are funny sometimes. As well, I think they will have ample time to find a replacement for you.

    ReplyDelete