Adventures in Mexico

Adventures in Mexico
At a tequila distillerywith the daughters over Christmas

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Patience is her middle name

I love the Peace Corps wiki and seeing who's going when. I wish someone would post that they've been invited for Tanzania. I'd love to be thinking about that as a possibility for sub-Saharan Africa. Protected lands management there could be fabulous. Cameroon would be fine as well but Tanzania!

I hope we'll get our medical clearance this week. We'll find out more about the legal stuff and maybe get an invitation. I hope they send an invitation by e-mail as well since we'll be in Europe for the month of July. I know, patience. I need to be patient. My husband always said, "patience, Barbara, patience. We'll have to name our oldest daughter Patience." We actually did name her Katherine Patience. When someone says that to her, she can say "Patience is my middle name."

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could say that patience was my middle name, but alas it is not! That's so cool that your daughter can. I needed to remember to have patience so much I decided to get the word tattooed on my wrist. I think some people might think that that's a ridiculous thing to do but I have a feeling that I will always need to remember to exercise patience in all things.

    I'm sure your invite will come soon, just umm... have patience. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have a patience tattoo. Do you look at it when you are feeling impatient?
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete